Laborers’ Compensation Feature QuickBooks Payroll
Payroll is one add-on application introduced by Intuit which integrates with QuickBooks guarantees that along with other financial accounting tasks, even payroll is handled automatically by the software. This assists with completing required payroll tasks along with Payroll tax tasks as well as effectively with a minimized extent of errors.
One segment of Payroll accounting that software works viably with is calculating compensation and rewards to be disseminated to the employees.
Below details are related to Workers Compensation part of Payroll.
- QuickBooks Software in use should be updated with the latest patches.
- Active Payroll Subscription is required (especially assisted and enhanced payroll plan)
- QuickBooks can calculate just for one Workers Compensation supplier. In the event that the client has more than one supplier, rest will have to be calculated manually.
- Annual cutoff points under Workers Compensation have to be tracked manually as well, as QuickBooks doesn’t track them.
Setting Up Workers Compensation Under QuickBooks Payroll
In request to Set Up Workers Comp In QuickBooks Payroll, follow the means composed underneath:
- Open the software, select the Edit tab from the main menu bar and then click on Preferences alternative.
- From the alternatives present on the left side select Payroll and Employees, followed by Company Preferences choice.
- Select Workers Compensation tab
In the event that the Workers Compensation have to be traced, then click on checkbox against Track Workers Comp:
Select either of the alternative –
- Display Message to Assign Codes – showcases messages related to Workers Comp under QuickBooks.
- Bar extra time premium from Workers Comp calculation – it will be displayed on the report as a separate category.
- In request to not track click on the container again to clear it.
- Click on the OK tab.
- Click on Employees tab, followed by Workers Compensation from the menu and then Manually Track Existing Workers Comp Policy alternative.
- Wizard arrangement will be manual for arrangement the process along with setting of various codes for employees in case various employees are given various laborers comp codes.
In case the client wishes to set additional time expenses apart from standard ones, then while setting up specialists comp follow the means underneath:
- Additional time Payments Window – Yes choice
- Additional time Premiums and Workers Compensation Calculations window: No, I reject extra time expenses from my calculations choice (If the client clicks on this alternative that extra time premium has to be barred, then it will be categorized on the report separately.
Also read these articles: